Friday, July 20, 2012

Chipotle Cheeseburgers

Chipotle Dinner, Part II. My mouth waters just thinking about this sandwich... a spicy, rich pairing of two of my favorite food groups: cheeseburgers and Tex-Mex. If that sounds good to you, give this one a try.



Chipotle Cheeseburgers
Adapted from Taste of Home
Serves: 4

You'll need:
up to 1/2 an onion, diced (I used a bit less)
2 T minced fresh cilantro
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
1 t seasoned salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 lb ground beef
4 buns
Toppings, like tomato, lettuce, sliced cheese (I used cheddar) and... I added Miracle Whip, and it was awesome.

Combine the first seven ingredients.



Crumble the ground beef over that mixture, then dig in with your hands and mix well. Shape into four burger patties.



Whip out your gas grill, George Forman, skillet, or broiler, and cook those burgers.


Serve on buns with your choice of toppings.



I served ours with these chipotle sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment