Friday, July 6, 2012

BBQ Hamburgers

I think this recipe is especially appropriate this time of year. After all, what are you going to do with those leftover hamburgers after your cookout? Let's face it - reheated hamburger is not an exciting dinner.

It's about to be.

Mix up the easy sauce. Put your fully cooked burgers in the sauce. Simmer on the stove or freeze and enjoy later. Could life be any easier?


Definitely a knife-and-fork sandwich. It probably seems like a lot of sauce, but trust me, you'll want to pile it on.

BBQ Hamburgers
From: My mom
Makes: flexible - up to 8 burgers

You'll need:
2 onions, diced
2 T butter or margarine
2 c ketchup
2 c water
1 c BBQ sauce
few dashes Worcestershire sauce
up to 8 fully cooked hamburgers

Saute your onions in the butter in a saucepan. When they're tender, add all the other ingredients (except for the burgers), stirring well over medium-low heat. Add your burgers, cover, and simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.



I served it with these awesome potato rounds. I know, healthy. Come on, I had some fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment