Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Brown Sugar-Glazed Ham & Apples

Easy, easy, easy. My friend Chrissy made this for my husband and I a few years ago, and it is the only time in my life I didn't ask someone to write down the recipe. That's because there is no recipe. The name says it all. You need 3 ingredients and a skillet... who knew simple could taste so good?



Brown Sugar-Glazed Ham & Apples
From: My friend, Chrissy

You'll need: (take a wild guess)
brown sugar
ham (precooked, any kind, cut into bite-sized pieces)
apples (I recommend Golden Delicious but Gala are good too)

I don't measure anything when I make this. My guess would be:
brown sugar: about 2-3 T per person
ham: about 3 oz per person
apples: about 3/4 apple per person

Peel, core, and slice your apples. Put the slices in a large skillet on medium heat with the brown sugar.


Sauté the apples in the brown sugar until they are golden and soft. They are done whenever they are soft enough for your taste. I like mine to still have a little texture, but if you let them go a few more minutes, they'll be melt-in-your-mouth soft. Just a matter of preference. To me, these are perfect.


Throw in the pieces of ham and cook, stirring often, for just a few minutes until the ham is glazed and hot. If you let this step go too long, your ham will get tough. Just heat it and be done.



I always enjoy serving this with green beans and biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment